News

Vatech Network's latest news

[Press Release] VATECH launches “PaX-i3D Green,” a low-dose dental CT

VATECH launches “PaX-i3D Green,” a low-dose dental CT 

- Just 5.9 seconds per scan to minimize patients’ radiation exposure 

- Initiated full-fledged marketing in advanced countries sensitive to medical radiation exposure 

On the 6th, global dental imaging expert VATECH (CEO: Oh Se-hong, www.vatechcorp.co.kr) announced that it would unveil PaX-i3D Green, a low-dose CT, to the market. 

The premium upgrade of VATECH’s PaX-i (2D) and PaX-i3D (3D) lines, which were launched the previous year, boasts of low dose and high-image quality. This combines Panoramic, Cephalometric, and CT features into one. 

With the new PaX-i3D Green, one can conduct a single 3D CT scan of the most widely used 8x8 (cm) images, with effective dose of less than 30µSv. Its 75% revolutionary reduction of radiation compared to the previous system enables customers to enjoy the benefit of high-quality images with minimized radiation exposure. Microsievert (µSv) is a unit that measures the effect of radiation on our body; the effective dose of PaX-i3D Green is half of that of a one-way flight from Seoul to America, which is 60.6µSv on the average [1].

The low-dose CT was born from VATECH’s development of 1) high-speed scan with scan time of only 5.9 seconds, 2) high-sensitivity, high-resolution detector exclusive for dental CT at Rayence, a VATECH subsidiary, and 3) noise reduction algorithm to compensate for reduced image quality due to low dose. Its high-speed scan of 5.9 seconds, above all, can minimize Motion Artifact due to the movement of the patient; thus delivering high-quality images. 

The average scan time of dental CTs (full-mouth scan) in the market is about 20 seconds, the company said. 

Since CT lets doctors diagnose with precision, it is effective for the extraction of wisdom teeth, which often gets tricky due to their proximity to the inferior alveolar nerve and dental implants. As a result, CT is expanding its use worldwide.  

This product made its debut on March 12 in the International Dental Show (IDS) held in Koln, Germany and attracted considerable attention from European customers who are highly conscious of medical radiation exposure. Last week, this new green CT was finally unveiled in the Seoul International Dental Exhibit & Scientific Congress (SIDEX) held in COEX; its full-fledged domestic sales will kick off at the end of this month.

According to VATECH CEO Oh Se-hong, it is their core technology to reduce radiation exposure without sacrificing but even improving image quality because the two factors are closely related. "Dental radiation per scan is relatively lower than other medical CTs. Given the fact that anyone at some point of his/her life can be a recipient of either major or minor dental treatment, however, the innovative low-dose PaX-i3D Green is expected to contribute significantly to people’s health on a long-term basis,” Oh added. The Company is planning to market this product aggressively in advanced nations such as the US and Europe, which are more conscious of medical radiation exposure. (Contact: +82-1577-9115) 

[1] Source: “2007 Assessment of Radiation Hazard to the Public” by the Korea Institute of Nuclear Safety under the then Ministry of Science and Technology

41e589c9f29eb2683baec7fbd020ec24.jpg

▲ VATECH's new product, PaX-i3D Green

Move Top